All About Daily Birmingham UK News

Dropped Kerb Contractors Birmingham

Feb 18

Do you need a dropped kerb for your property? A kerb drop must be obtained if you plan on driving onto your property by using the pavement. If you want to access a public highway, your vehicle must be able cross a driveway without difficulty.

Kerb dropping permits vehicles to cross asphalt from the road to a driveway. If you want to drive onto your property, this is a legal requirement.

You can also view our video directly on YouTube

Kerb Dropping and Vehicle Crossover Specialists

Parking outside of your home can often cause stress. There may be a fee for obtaining a permit. It can be difficult to find parking spots in urban areas. If you plan to drive onto your property via pavement, a dropped slab is necessary. If you have questions check out our website Q and A's.

Access to the public road must be possible from either a residential or commercial driveway. It allows vehicles from a driveway to cross pavements. You will need one to be able to drive on your own property.

Local Kerb Dropping Contractors

A kerb drop is a great way to improve your access to your property and to prevent people from parking on your driveway. It is required that you have a crossover permit if your vehicle will be driven over the footway from a highway to your driveway.

You can't drive on the footway if this is not done. Infringing on the law could result in you being prosecuted.

It might be necessary to reinforce the pavement in front the property. It may be necessary to move street furniture, such as lampposts and manhole covers.

Birmingham Vehicle Crossover Experts

You should contact your local council to determine if permission is needed. To find out if your area requires planning permission, get in touch with the local council. The cost of applying will depend on where you live.

If you are granted permission, you must find a local expert to complete the work.

It is definitely not a DIY job as the council has very specific requirements regarding service providers. Some restrictions will restrict your use of their contractors. Some allow you to use your own contractors, provided they comply with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 requirements. For highway assessments by council, there might be an extra charge.

It's a great way for you to make your job easier. They will file all the necessary applications on your behalf. They can usually speed up the process, due to their proven track record with the council.

We have many years' experience installing drop-kerbs as well as applying for the necessary planning permission. We will visit the property to take measurements and determine if there is any public utility. Other considerations that might be needed for planning permission. We have plenty of experience in this location and other towns also

We are an approved company by local authorities and can help your county council install a drop-kerb, while adhering to all regulations.